Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Week 1 Wrap Up.

What a week Week 1 was. Ready for my official weigh in? (drumroll please......)

Starting Weight: 233
End of week 1: 229

I lost 4 POUNDS! WEEEEEE!

How awesome is that?

All in all I'm pretty shocked. I've never lost that much in a week except maybe the first week of Weight Watchers nearly 10 years ago. What makes it even more interesting to me is that I followed my calories (according to the app I have on my iPod), and even had a "free" day and I was still able to keep it together. Now I know that doesn't sound like I'm giving myself enough credit, but hey week 1 is always the hardest!

My most proud non scale victory this past weekend was the fact I didn't give in to emotional eating. My Grandmother had a small stroke, and was admitted to the Hospital early Sat morning. I controlled my eating somewhat all day (grabbed some healthy snacks at the gas station plus some water on the way with my Mom) and didn't binge eat when we finally sat down for our evening meal later on that day. In fact I was worried I had eaten too much. I had not, but how interesting to be worried about it. I never would of been before, I would of told myself I deserved it after such a rough day or justified it some other way.

***********

Do you know how hard it is to find a decent 2x belt (or even to find a 2x belt)? I might as well been on a pilgrimage to a long lost grotto, yet there it was, right there in front of me on Friday night. I didn't hesitate, and snatched that baby up as quickly as I could. The good thing is that I'm only on the first slot, so I'll get a lot of use out of the belt before I have to move down to a smaller belt/size/whatever.

Belly Dancing class went well last night. I'm finally feeling like I'm getting it together, meaning being able to move my upper body separately from lower body. I'm also feeling better over all about the class. Last night I didn't think about quitting once (even during the tummy crunches warm up), and if anything each class drives me back to my vow of having a waist again. :)

Today is a day of rest for me (usually pretty sore after dancing) but tomorrow you'll find me up at O'dark 40 doing some interval training on the Treadmill. I hope to go 15 minutes and walk the rest, but we'll have to see. I've got a bit of a cold, and may be coughing too much to do much running. Don't feel like hacking up a lung, so I might just have to tone down the exercising a bit. It's that time of year folks. Blech!

If you noticed, I've tweaked my goals and rewards a bit. Do you remember those jelly bracelets you wore a long time ago? Well in case you didn't notice-they are back. I totally remember rocking them back in the day. I found a pack at Wal Mart, and decided to do like Weight Watchers and give myself something "visual" for each 5 pounds lost. That way I can wear the bracelets, know what colors stand for how many pounds lost (I haven't decided, I need to soon though), and use it to motivate me. It's not a bookmark or stars, but it's a good substitution!

6 comments:

  1. Congrat's on the 4lbs lost!! That's awesome!! And good for you for not giving into emotional eating!! That's a wonderful accomplishment given the stress you were under!

    I also love the "bracelet" idea!!! That's so smart! Wish i'd have thought of something like that! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on your big loss! I hope your grandmother is ok.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good for you! What a great start! Hope your grandma is doing better!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations on the loss!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I found your blog through Scale Junkie! I can totally relate to "losing your self" at a young age, for me it was losing myself to FOOD at age 12! =(

    =) Laura @ Finding A Healthy Balance...after a 100+ POUND weight loss!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Grandma is doing well. Thanks everyone for thinking of her. :)

    ReplyDelete