Thursday, October 15, 2009

A Watched Pot

Funny how you can be sooo close to something, yet never seem to get there. That's where I am right now. I'm so close to loosing my first 5 pounds, that I can taste it. But you see, that's half the problem.

Now may people have different ways of weighing in and keeping track. Right now I happen to weigh in on Mon, Wed, Fri-this way I can kind of keep track of what I'm doing and to make sure I'm going down the right path. It's more for reassurance really, but also to show myself that I'm really doing it. I've felt that the past few times I've started and stopped and somehow I'm afraid of failure this time. (And yes I do know my weight will fluctuate, and this rant isn't about that-it's about me being too eager. Waaaaayy too eager.)

Somehow I thought week 2 would be easier. LOL

Monday I weigh myself (official weigh in) and I'm down 4. Wednesday I weight myself and I'm up a bit (ounces really-pittance). Today I weigh in (after telling myself I wasn't going to do it) because I worked out last night and thought for SURE I'd be 228 so I could give myself that darn HOT PINK BRACELET.......

nope.

dang it.

Sooooo, one of two things are going to happen. Either I'll actually just maintain this week, since I had such a big drop last week (a la Biggest Loser wk 2) or I'm actually just getting ready to drop some weight because I've been the same consistent weight the past 4 days.

Isn't the suspense amazing?

I think I'd need to bust out the low fat buttered popcorn.

I know this is not a race, I know it takes time....and this post was more of a "poke fun at myself" kind of thing, rather than a real rant. Those will come soon enough I'm sure. So for now I'm sitting back, laughing and dreaming about hot pink jelly bracelets. LOLOLOL

4 comments:

  1. This is the same thing I find hard. It gets me down when I don't see the scale move. But... we both know it will in it's own time. lol Welcome to HYC!

    - Lisa
    http://inweighovermyhead.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Honestly, this is why I threw my scale out and decided to just weigh in at Weight Watchers. The temptation to get on the scale every couple of days is too great for me. Seeing the results of my work every WEEK is better for my mental health.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Going overboard isn't a bad thing as long as you know how and when to real yourself back in sometimes. At least, that's true for me (a self confessed control freak). I can't take the pressure of the scale that often. I have to restrict myself to once a week otherwise I become a little psycho wacky woohoo and totally obsessed over the numbers. Keep up the good work though. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Maybe that bag of popcorn would be needed fiber to get things 'moving'?

    I'll say anything to justify popcorn.

    Thanks for commenting at my place today! I look forward to getting to know you better as we soldier on!

    ReplyDelete