Friday, January 15, 2010

Back In Pink

Have you ever had one of those weeks where you wanted to do something but it kept being pushed away. Like blogging for example. Tuesday I wanted to shout from the rooftops that I had made my 5 pound loss again and was sporting a uber-hot pink jelly bracelet. Updated my sats in the morning in prep for a post that never happened.

Not a problem, I'll just do it on Wed (then Thurs, then....)-I told myself.

Apparently this "bettering" your body stuff takes up a lot of free time. (Or is it just me? It is probably just me.) I'm pouring myself into looking over my weekly menu , making decisions of what I want to eat and how many calories I want to consume....I'm cramming in workouts during the most interesting times, and I must confess that at times it seems very overwhelming. I'm losing the life I once knew, and I'm having a bit of a time adjusting to the way my life has to be.

My calories have settled into about 1500 a day, and it doesn't seem like I vary much from that. A lot of that has to do with having to get my 1k calorie deficit at the end of the day to loose 2 pounds a week. Could I ease up on it? Yes, but right now that's not what my heart wants to do. I want it off, so I'm stuck on it as it were. I'm not going hungry by any means, and that's part of the problem. I'm so full, that eating more just makes me want to puke. I do notice that as my metabolism changes, I am getting more hungry in between meals, and am using snacks more often.

I'm also allowing myself to have a "free" day a week. That way I can ease up a bit on things and a day free of planning and worrying and.....

Week 1 on the bugg and it's done what it said it would do. I did loose 2 pounds the week I wore it, and I look forward to many more lost pounds and many more bracelets added to my wrist. :)

3 comments:

  1. Congrats on the loss. Wish it were me. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congatulations! You're not alone in feeling like this healthy living thing (both the planning and the executing) take a lot of time. Hopefully as it becomes more of a habit, it won't feel so weird!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on reaching your first goal - that's awesome! You're doing great! :)

    ReplyDelete